The Bear Cubs completed the season with a strong performance at the 2022 CCCAA State Swimming & Diving Championships, May 5-7, at East LA College in Monterey Park, with a 12th place finish overall.
Every student athlete on SRJC's state team scored points for the Cubs and came home with some hardware. The state team was lead again by freshman standout, Ruby Gonzalez who took 2 silver medals in both the 200 Free (1:54.85) and the 200 Back (2:08.75) as well as finishing 4th in the 50 Free (24.55). Ashley Simmons was also an individual finalist finishing 6th in the 200 Breast (2:30.87) and 10th in the 100 Breast (1:10.47). Gonzalez and Simmons were also members of SRJC's top 8 finishing relays in both the 200 Medley and 800 Free as well.
Other individual scorers included:
- Emily Nightingale: 1M Board, 14th Place
- Jada Andrews: 500 Free, 14th Place
- Riley West: 1650 Free, 15th Place
- 200 FRR: Lopez, Simmons, Clarkson, West, 13th Place
- 200 MR: Gonzalez, Simmons, Clarkson, Lopez, 8th Place
- 800 FRR: Gonzalez, Simmons, West, Andrews, 6th Place
- 400 FRR: Gonzalez, Simmons, Lopez, Andrews, 12th Place
Congratulations to SRJC Women's Swim & Dive Team on a strong 2022 season.
Click here for complete 2022 CCCAA State Swimming & Diving Championships Results.
Photos: 1. Ruby Gonzalez 2. Women's State Team 3. 800 Free Relay