The SRJC women dominated the 16 team, statewide field at the Cuesta College Invitational last weekend in San Luis Obispo, out scoring second place Sierra by over 300 points.
Santa Rosa pulled away from the pack by winning the first four events on the second day of the meet. The Cubs won eight of the 17 individual swims including: Michelle Spratt in the Mile, Ivylee Senn in the 200 Fly, and Megan Warren in the 200 Free. Double event winners included: Miranda Howell in the 100 and 200 Backstrokes, Celine Sargis in the 200 and 400 IM's, and Christine Lewis in the 100 Breast and 500 Free, which were back-to-back events. SRJC controlled the relays as well going 5 for 5, winning all of them.
"This was a mid-season peak meet for us, an important meet for us to swim well at, setting the tone for the back half of our season. At this meet the team proved that they are in the hunt to defend their 2014 Big 8 Conference title as well as get back on the podium at the CCCAA State Championships. Those have been our team goals since the beginning of the season, but their performance at the Cuesta meet showed that they are on track to achieve those goals," commented head coach Jill McCormick.
The Bear Cubs will compete in the Big 8 Invite this Friday at American River College in Sacramento. They will then host their final home meets on Saturday, March 21. On that day they will be competing in a tri-meet against Consumnes River and Sierra Colleges at 10am, and then they will host their annual Alumni Meet that evening at 5pm.
Final Team Standings: 1. Santa Rosa, 859 2. Sierra, 530 3. San Joaquin Delta, 480.5 4. American River, 457 5. Cuesta 359.5 6. Bakersfield, 256.5 7. Ventura, 241 8. Sequoias 200.5 9. Merced, 177.5 10. Santa Monica 165.5 11. Allan Hancock, 130 12. Cerritos, 88.5 13. Cypress, 76 14. Long Beach, 51.5 15. Cabrillo, 47 16. Consumnes River, 8
View Complete Results at: swimphone.com
TOP SRJC FINISHERS:
- 200 Free Relay-SRJC, 1st, Miranda Howell, Celine Sargis, Christine Lewis, Megan Warren, 1:40.50
- 1650 Free-1st, Michelle Spratt, 18:38.21
- 200 Back-1st, Miranda Howell, 2:07.70
- 100 Free-4th, Megan Warre, 55.67
- 200 Breast-2nd, Christine Lewis, 2:28.20
- 200 Fly-1st, Ivylee Senn, 2:20.67
- 200 IM-1st, Celine Sargis, 2:15.90
- 1M Diving-2nd, Kristin Scmidt
- 800 Free Relay-SRJC, 1st, Celine Sargis, Miranda Howell, Megan Warren, Christine Lewis, 7:59.22
- 200 Medley Relay-1st, SRJC, Miranda Howell, Christime Lewis, Ivylee Senn, Megan Warren, 1:50.54
- 400 IM-1st, Celine Sargis, 4:47.00
- 100 Back-1st Miranda Howell, 57.16
- 200 Free-1st, Megan Warren, 1:59.32
- 100 Fly-3rd, Ivylee Senn, 1:02.33
- 400 Free Relay-1st, SRJC, Celine Sargis, Dori Dobson, Olivia Strouse, Ivylee Senn, 3:45.60
- 100 Breast-1st, Christine Lewis, 1:07.68
- 500 Free-1st, Christine Lewis, 5:19.24
- 50 Free-2nd, Miranda Howell, 24.72
- 3M Diving, 2nd, Kristin Schmidt, 171.75pts
- 400 Medley Relay-1st, SRJC, Miranda Howell, Christine Lewis, Celine Sargis, Megan Warren, 4:08.24