The Bear Cubs had a strong performance at the Los Rios Invite at American River College, leading the way in the mid-distance events. A highlight of the meet came towards the end when freshman Brandon Miguel won the 400 IM in his college debut in that event. SRJC swept that race as well taking 1st-3rd: Miguel 4:30.29; Jesse Schmidt 4:34.09; Omar Saldivar 4:37.76. Other individual winners included sophomores Ben Crabb in the 200 Fly and Bowen Brooks in the 200 Breast. The relay team of Crabb, Brooks, Saldivar, and Tom Franicevich also won the 400 Medley.
The Cubs next meet will be Friday-Saturday, March 6-7, at Cuesta College Invitational, in San Luis Obispo. Competition begins at 10am on Friday.
SRJC Top Finishers
- 400 Medley Relay-Ben Crabb, Bowen Brooks, Omar Saldivar, Tom Franicevich, 1st, 3:40.34
- 500 Free-Brandon Miguel, 3rd, 5:04.17
- 200 Fly-Ben Crabb, 1st, 2:03.05
- 50 Free-Will Hardman, 3rd, 23.50
- 200 Back-Jesse Schmidt, 2nd, 2:07.02
- 200 Breast-Bowen Brooks, 1st, 2:18.88
- 200 Free-Tom Franicevich, 3rd, 1:50.55
- 400 IM-Brandon Miguel, 1st, 4:30.29
- 400 Free Relay-Tom Franicevich, Ben Crabb, Will Hardman, Jesse Schmidt, 2nd, 3:22.97