The Bear Cubs held their own against tough competition at the NorCal Championships Preview held at Chabot College in Hayward.
The Women's Team, who finished 3rd out of 16 team, set the tone early with a 2nd place finish in the 4x100 with a time of 51.47 (second best of the season). Stand out performances included Tianna Jardstrom finishing 2nd in the 400H with a time of 65.97, a State qualifying mark. This time ranks Jardstrom 2nd in the State, and 9th All-Time at SRJC. Emily Johnson continued her dominance with a Long Jump of 5.36m(17'7"). Johnson is now ranked 2nd in the State and 5th All-Time at SRJC.
An individual event winner, Nicole Guitierrez, jumped 10.27m (33'8.5") to win the Triple Jump.
Next week, the Bear Cubs host its first home meet on the brand new Track and Field Facility on Friday March, 4th. Field events start with Women's Pole Vault and Women's Javelin at 11:00am and Running events at 1:00pm.
Link to Results: https://www.directathletics.com/results/track/71928.html
Top SRJC Individual Results:
- Evelin Ramirez – 4th – 2:29.22
- Emily Johnson – 3rd – 16.49
- Tianna Jardstrom – 2nd – 1:05.97(State A Standard)(9th All-Time at SRJC)
- Ouye, Gutierrez, Johnson, Jardstrom – 2nd 51.47
- Johnson, Jardstrom, Tyrrell, Ramierez – 4th – 4:19.03
- High Jump
- Eli Lerch – 3rd – 1.40m
- Pole Vault
- Lianah Ouye – 4th – 2.55m
- Long Jump
- Emily Johnson – 1st – 5.36m(State A Standard)(5th All-Time at SRJC)
- Triple Jump
- Nicole Gutierrez – 1st – 10.27m