- 2013 NorCal Cross Country Coach of the Year
- USATF Coaching Certificate Level 1
- USATF Coaching Certificate Level 2 – Distance/Endurance
- USATF Coaching Certificate Level 2 – Jumps
- 5CTCA Track and Field State President 2017-Present
David Wellman enters his seventh season as Cross Country and Track and Field head coach. Since arriving at Santa Rosa, Coach Wellman has built up a successful program seeing a number of athletes qualify for regional and state championships.
- Cross Country - Men and Women 3rd Place Big 8 Conference; Women 5th Place, Men 7th Place NorCal Championships; All Conference Awards – Kassia Chagnon, Gris Alonso-Soto, Justin Thurman and Chris Tose
- Track and Field – Women 5th Place , Men 6th Place Big 8 Conference; Women 5th Place, Men 15th Place NorCal Championships; All Conference Awards – Justin Thurman, Brandon Potts, Destiny Williams, Kassia Chagnon (Conference Champion 800 and 1500), Gris Alonso-Soto, W. 4x400 (Fernandez, Cortes-Rosas, Williams, Chagnon), Audrey Stalcup (Conference Champion Pole Vault); NorCal Champion – Stephanie Fernandez 400m Hurdles; State Qualifiers – Brandon Potts (Pole Vault), Audrey Stalcup (Pole Vault), Stephanie Fernandez (400 Hurdles), Destiny Williams (400m), Kassia Chagnon (800 and 1500), Women’s 4x400m relay (Fernandez, Cortes-Rosas, Williams, Chagnon).
- Cross Country – Women Big 8 Conference Champions, Men 4th Place Big 8 Conference, Johnny Vargas Individual Conference Champion; Women 2nd Place, Men 8th Place NorCal Championships, Johnny Vargas Individual NorCal Champion; All Conference Awards – Johnny Vargas, Ana Palafox.
In his short time at Santa Rosa, Coach Wellman has built the program from the ground up with a solid crop of local talent.
Coach Wellman has been a Full Time Faculty member in the Kinesiology, Athletics and Dance Department since the fall of 2014. Prior to taking over the program in 2012, Coach Wellman served as SRJC’s assistant coach for one year.
Coach Wellman was a three-sport athlete at Maria Carrillo High School in Santa Rosa. He competed at the varsity level in Soccer, Cross Country and Track and Field. As a senior in high school, Coach Wellman qualified for the High School State Championship Meet in the 800 meters, breaking the then school record, running a time of 1:55.23.
After high school, Coach Wellman attended Chico State University, where he competed in Track and Field. In his final year of competition, Coach Wellman qualified for the Division II National Championships in the 800 meters, finishing ninth with a time of 1:51.75. Coach Wellman also competed in the 1500 meters and has a personal best of 3:51.32. Coach Wellman completed his Bachelors degree in Kinesiology in 2008 and his Masters in Sports and Exercise Psychology in 2010.